Applications are invited from motivated and eligible Indian citizens for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB- DST sponsored research project in the Department of Physics, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India as per the details mentioned below:
|Last date to apply||February 10, 2021; 5:00 PM|
|Name of the Post||Junior Research Fellow (JRF)|
|No. of Posts||01 (One)|
|Duration||03 Years or till the completion of the project, whichever is earlier. Initial appointment will be for one year, extendable up to 1 year based on the satisfactory performance of the JRF and possible extension of the project|
|Fellowship||Rs. 31,000/- per month * (The fellowship only provides basic pay. No funding for HRA or contingencies will be provided|
|Principal Investigator (PI)||Dr. Basharat Ahmad Want, Professor, Department of Physics, University of Kashmir, Srinagar- 190006, Jammu and Kashmir, India.|
|Essential Qualification||M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks (or a CGPA of 5.5 on a 10-point scale). • Qualification in at least one of the following National level examinations: CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) including lecturer-ship.Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).Any national level examination in Physics conducted by the following agencies of the Central Government of India:– DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER.|
|Desirable Criteria for eligibility||Candidates having good academic background with sound knowledge of Solid-State Physics and Materials Science as well as preliminary knowledge of computer programming will be preferred.|
|Age Limit||Not more than 28 Years. Age relaxation will be provided as per SERB-DST, GoI norms|
Benefits of joining the post: Candidate selected for this position can register for the Ph.D. program provided she/he satisfies the eligibility criteria for Ph.D. program in University of Kashmir.
How to apply: Eligible and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application as per the prescribed format in along with copies of all supporting documents as a single PDF file through Email to Dr. Basharat Ahmad Want (firstname.lastname@example.org , cc email@example.com) mentioning subject as “Application for JRF under SERB- DST sponsored project (CRG/2019/001340)”. Last date of receipt of applications is February 10, 2021. For more information contact: +91- 9419001037.
1. Candidate should ensure their eligibility for the post before applying. Ineligible candidates will not be allowed. Shortlisted candidates will be called for walk-in interview.
2. The assignment is purely temporary in nature and is co-terminus with the project.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview and/or joining the position.
4. All the terms & conditions for this recruitment will be as per the guidelines of SERB-DST, Govt.of India and University of Kashmir. Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason.
5. The selected candidate will be required to work in the Department of Physics, University of Kashmir as full-time research scholar.
6. Original documents and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview.
Official Notification : CLICK HERE
Official Website : www.kashmiruniversity.net