Applications on prescribed format are invited at IUST from the eligible candidates for the below-mentioned positions available in the research project titled “Understanding the biodiversity of Odonata (Class Insecta) of Kashmir Himalayan Region with reference to Climate Change”.
The project has been sanctioned to the Mantaqi Centre of Science & Technology, Islamic University of Science & Technology, Awantipora by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, New Delhi.
The positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the duration of the project.
Post Details for IUST
Note: Non-NET/GATE candidates can also apply. In case no NET/GATE candidate is available/selected for the position of JRF, the non-NET/GATE candidates can be considered as Junior Project Fellow, however, they shall be paid lesser salary.
The last date of submission of applications is 08-01-2021 and interested candidates may send their duly filled application form (as per format) along-with their detailed Biodata and relevant certificates (in PDF format) through email to Dr. Aijaz Ahmad Qureshi, Principal Investigator (Email: email@example.com).
The date of interview shall be notified separately. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
For full details including the format for the application, please visit the IUST University website (www.islamicuniversity.edu.in).
Further updates shall be made available on university website only.
Check Also : JKNHM Notification for 400 Fresh Posts
- The candidates must show a willingness to travel in Kashmir Himalayan Region for extensive field surveys.
- The above posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the project and the candidates shall not claim for regular appointments and their salary component is subject to the release of funds by the funding agency.
- Candidates who have worked in research projects and know the local language (Kashmiri) shall be an added advantage.
- In case no NET/GATE candidate is available/selected for the position of JRF, the non-NET
candidates can be considered as Junior Project Fellow, however, they shall be paid a lesser salary as decided by the IUST. The candidate should have a valid GATE score.
- Candidates must bring duly filled application form with all the testimonials/certificates (in original and one attested copy) at the time of interview.
- No TA/DA will be provided to the candidates appearing for the interview.
- No call letters/communication shall be issued for attending the interview.
- Selected candidates need to join immediately.
- The appointment will be initially for one year but extendable maximum up to the duration of the project based on the performance.
- The Islamic University of Science & Technology, Awantipora reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the advertisement without assigning any reason.
- Candidates who have been awarded their degrees from Foreign University should enclose
Equivalence Certificate” issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
without which, their candidature will not be considered, and the application form will be rejected.
- All relevant information/ updates shall be uploaded on University website
www.islamicuniversity.edu.in. The candidates are advised to remain in touch with University website and notifying the same in newspapers shall not be obligatory on part of the University.
- Candidates will have to produce original documents relating to their qualification, experience etc. at the time of appearing in the interview.
- The University reserves the right to defer / not to filling up of any or all posts advertised here-in above, without assigning any reason thereof.
- The University reserves the right to place a reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview for any post (by shortlisting/written test, etc., whatever the way it deems fit).
- Candidates not fulfilling the requirements prescribed here-in-above as on the last date prescribed for submission of online application form need not to apply.
- Experience if any shall be counted as on the date of the issue of the Notification.
- The candidates in employment (Government or Semi-Government) on substantive position or otherwise should forward their applications through their employer.
- The University reserves the right to alter/insert any corrections/additions in the
advertisement/website in the event of any typographical error etc. before the last date prescribed for the receipt of applications, for which the candidates are advised to remain in touch with the official website: www.islamicuniversity.edu.in
- In case of any disputes /suites or legal proceedings against the University, the jurisdiction shall be confined to the court of Srinagar only. ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AWANTIPORA, KASHMIR
- The University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s) at any stage in the process of selection in case any inadvertent mistake is detected even after the issuance of appointment letter.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time of the appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake or the candidate has undesirable/ clandestine antecedents and has suppressed any information, then his/her candidature shall be disqualified, and his/her service shall be terminated.
- The terms and conditions governing the service shall be as per the rules & regulations of University and/or funding agency (wherever applicable) with amendments from time to time.
- The selected candidates shall have to submit an affidavit/undertaking duly attested by the
Notary/First Class Magistrate as per the format provided by the university at the time of their joining.
- Age relaxation will be as per rules of IUST and/or funding agency (wherever applicable).
- Applications received after the due date shall be rejected.
- Candidates who wish to apply for both positions shall apply separately for each position.